Ten Ways to Ruin a Fishing Friendship
By Jeff Paisley
- Donít tell your friend that you bought a new boat until he sees you pass him on the river. Be sure to wave.
- Donít share your flies with him because you know he will just lose them anyway.
- Tell him to meet you at 8:00 am but start fishing at 7:30.
- Donít let him know what fly they are taking until you have a least a five fish lead.
- When his boat capsizes, donít help him out of the water until you get plenty of pictures.
- Donít console your friend when he breaks off the ďfish of a lifetimeĒ until you catch it and can give him back his fly.
- Make fun of him on his answering machine when his wife wonít let him go fishing.
- Buy a new truck just so he wonít recognize you on the river.
- Give your buddy the best spot on the river then cast to the trout rising just behind him (catching one at his feet will really make this more effective).
- On the way to the river, buy your buddy breakfast at a nasty fast food restaurant with a porta-jon out front, just so you can get some alone time on the water later while he runs for the bushes. (Mexican restaurants work even better if available.)